The theme of looking for a job in 2015 is not just getting a job but finding work that can pay a decent wage.
The theme of looking for a job in 2015 is not just getting “a” job but finding work that can pay a decent wage. We’ve seen lower paying jobs come to the forefront of this job recovery (if you can call it that). My challenge for myself to serve you best is to help you find meaningful work that will give you a better financial future, not just rent money.
Click here to see the video of the story.
Harman: Provider of premier audio, visual, infotainment and enterprise automation solutions
- Currently hiring for 138 positions in the U.S.
- Just broke ground on a new automotive hq outside Detroit. Currently 79 jobs available there, and plans to add another 150 in next 3 years
- Top Jobs: Engineers (majority of openings), HR, Manufacturing, Sales
- Engineers’ salary range can be anywhere from $65k to $140k.
- Benefits include 50%-70% product discounts off audio gear, biometric health screenings & incentives (i.e. gift cards) encouraging healthy lifestyles choices
- Find more info at http://jobs.Harman.com
Jan-pro: The fastest growing franchised cleaning services on earth, specializing in low-cost, high-quality commercial cleaning
- Looking to add 800-1,000 local franchise owners, particularly in WI, TX, ID, IA, NY and MI.
- This could create 1,000 new jobs. Also has many job openings in regional office + at franchises.
- Top Jobs: Franchise Owners, Unit Operators, Cleaning Crews, Sales, Office Managers
- Offers vet-connection program with special bonuses for veterans, and has been named a top franchise for vets by world franchising network
- Regional staff salaries can vary from $40k to $60k per year
- Find more info at http://jan-pro-homebasedbusiness.com/ orhttp://www.Jan-pro.com/
Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream: Ice cream franchise that was ranked #1 by National Geographic
- They plan to open 50 franchises in 2015, created 200 new jobs
- Top Jobs: Shift Manager, ($30,000/year), Ice Cream Scooper (min wage), Franchise Owner
- Hiring in Nevada, California, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- One California franchise generated over $1 million in sales in 2014
- Flavors include cherry cordial, peppermint stick and chocolate peanut butter brownie
- Find more info by calling (330) 702-8270, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.Handelsicecream.com
Showhomes: A company that transforms high-end vacant houses into elaborate showrooms with the help of expert real estate professionals and interior designers
- Currently has 75 openings, but expects to have 200 by end of year
- Top Jobs: Sales Associate, Marketing Manager, Stager/Designer
- Over 60 offices nationwide and expanding to Florida, California, Illinois and North Carolina
- Specializes in home staging, redesign and even home sales
- Has helped to sell over 25,000 residential properties
- Find more info at http://showhomes.com/locations.Php orhttp://showhomesfranchise.com
Wing Zone: An Atlanta-based American restaurant chain that specializes in deep-fried food products; especially buffalo wings
- Expecting to open 20-30 new locations, creating about 520-600 new jobs.
- Top Jobs: Cooks, Cashiers/Greeters, Delivery, General & Assistant Managers
- Created about 364 jobs in 2014 with 14 store openings
- Was started by 2 University of Florida students in their fraternity kitchen
- Find more info at http://wingzone.com/contact/